Long-distance relationships are the most difficult to over come because that is where trust and faith come into practice. The primary key to a relationship is trust and without it, you can reach nowhere. Being in a long-distance relationship usually causes a lot of frustration and internal damage. But at the same time, you happen to learn a lot from it as it is difficult and challenging.
A relationship becomes more vibrant and exciting by being long-distance because you are in love. They say that the further the better, well, the same goes here. When you are far apart from your soul-mate, all alone, with no one to come back home to, cuddle, argue, and make love to, then life becomes damn hard. Remeber you are going through a period of self-discovery and it helps you to mature, learn and understand your priorities. Long-distance also encourages you to work towards your goals without losing concentration.
Let us go through this journey of a long-distance relationship and what all you can learn from it.
1. A long-distance relationship helps you to learn how to write letters. There’s something special about reading a letter in the mail than a text.
2. Whenever you come across the name of your partner’s city, whether in a commercial ad or freeway exit sign, it turns you emotional.
3. Your smart phone becomes your second love, you become more dependent on it and take extra care, as your partner literally lives in it.
4. You learn to value the fights which would get resolved by hugging your partner. Well, that part is missing on fights over the phone.
5. It helps you to learn how to be independent. You may go through a bad day and ventilate over the phone, but in the end, it’s you and yourself.
6. Now, you begin to understand, what it is to have a heartache in a long-distance relationship. It’s painful when you miss your soul-mate.
7. You have fluently memorized your partner’s weekly itinerary, hence, you plan the timings accordingly to phone them.
8. You instantly start understanding your partner much better because over the phone due to limitations, you generally have a more matured and serious conversation.
9. Online sex and masturbation can take you to a certain point. But this long-distance gives an opportunity to learn how to perfect your sexual techniques, through different resources and get ready for the D-day.
10. Long-distance helps you to learn how to be innovative and flexible in your spare time. How much can you be lazy?
11. You will try to make that someone feel special, with every call or the letter you write, with sweet stuff that will bring a smile.
12. You will learn to share every little detail of what happens and what you did during the day. This is communication, done perfectly.
13. You begin to put in a lot of energy, effort, and willingness to get that exact kind of gift, have it wrapped beautifully and despatch it.
14. You learn to care, get worried and feel concerned, when you hear devastating incidents occurring in the city your partner is residing.
15. You learn patience and develop the power to listen to all what your partner has to say from the other end.
16. You learn how to have positive fun by sending a well-timed racy texts, jokes, or photos. You ask what they would like to eat when they get back and the answer will be “You.”
17. This long distance teaches you what actual bonding is all about. No matter what stress you may be in, somewhere, the very thought of someone missing you and is thinking of you happens to make your day and relieve you from all stresses.
18. You accept the fact that you will not always know and you don’t need to know what they are doing all the time. Giving space and leaving one alone is what you learn.
19. With your partner miles and miles away and with all the attractive people around, the temptation to flirt can cross your mind, but the guilt will get your conscience active. Hence, you will think twice before indulging because you don’t wanna hurt your partner who’s innocent.
20. Even if you fail to maintain a long-distance relationship, at least you have learned about your insecurities and how your interactions with people should be. A close relationship would never have taught you all this.
The post 20 Things You Learn In A Long-Distance Relationship appeared first on .
Link : 20 Things You Learn In A Long-Distance Relationship