What happened on 11th September 2001, changed the world we live in today. However, a number of changes were for the worse. Not only for the Americans, but the incident traumatized the whole world. Screams of people everywhere, firefighters trying their best to rescue each victim and stop that everlasting fire, and what not! The world came together to support, and condemn the brutal attacks that had happened. Here are some facts about 9/11 that are worth knowing.
1. More than 90 countries lost their citizens in the attacks, and around 3,000 children lost their parents.
2. Russia presented United States with a Tear Drop Memorial in 2006, in memory of the attacks.
3. United States saw the largest sea evacuation during 9/11. More than millions of New Yorkers were saved by the US Coast Guards.
4. Mychal Judge was the first confirmed fatality in the attacks. He was the chaplain of New York Police Department. In Ireland, a monument was erected in his memory.
5. The weeks following 9/11 saw a sudden increase in blood donation.
6. One of the interesting facts about 9/11 is when Ben Sliney ordered 4,000 flights in the American airspace to have an immediate landing. He was on his first day of job at the Federal Aviation Administration Operations.
7. A total of 500 search and rescue dogs were deployed for the operation. The nation witnessed its largest deployment ever.
8. One of the biggest and secrecy loving organization of USA had its secret office destroyed in the attacks. It was located on the 25th floor of Tower 7 and it belonged to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
9. The original plan of Al-Qaeda was to target the nuclear power plants. But they skip that, thinking things might get out of control.
10. Michael Jackson had a meeting scheduled at the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center on 9/11. But, he overslept and missed it.
11. Firefighters took approximately 100 days to get full control over the fire. The toxic debris containing carcinogens polluted the environment, leaving thousands of people prone to inhalation diseases.
12. Rescue dogs found very few people alive. This made them stressed and disappointed. Their trainers used to plan mock lives so that the dog’s spirit can remain high.
The post Devastating Facts About 9/11 Attacks That You Are Still Unaware Of! appeared first on .