Art can come in any form, a fact all of us are aware of. But can anything be created using the straws left after rice harvesting? Yes, you don’t need to reread the question. Everyone is aware of the celebration that goes around the world during the season of fall. Now, Wara Art Festival is one innovative festival which has been celebrated in Northern Japan since 2008. Started as a collective effort by the Niigata city’s tourism division and the Musashino Art University, this festival is one of its kind. Here giant straw animals are made after the rice harvest season is over and the fields are empty. Giant straw animals are as cool as they sound.
Here are pictures of 2017 giant straw animals on empty fields after the rice harvest season from the Wara Art Festival!
1. This is what happens post rice harvest season. The straws are collected and these talented students from Japan get to work.
2. The work indeed takes loads of effort. How else would Japan have been able to boast the giant straw animals?
3. The work finally being shifted to the fields. Rice harvest season is beautiful post and pre-harvesting.
4. I never imagined them to be this huge. Japan always leads in things they do.
5. Man! This is what art looks like. Just look at that beast taking over the fields.
6. Scared, already? Yes, these giant straw animals are actually made from the rice harvest residues.
7. This is definitely going on my bucket list. Japan never fails to amuse.
8. This Rhino looks like he means business. I would never want to cross my path with this fella.
9. I never thought something as such could be made using the straws.
10. Meet the mighty Rhinosauraus straight from the fields of Japan.
11. What if this suddenly moves? I mean, it is impossible, I know but imagine.
12. Give this Gorilla whatever he wants, he looks scary enough.
13. Just look at the detailing of these things. Brilliant and really awesome.
Image credits: Wara Art Matsuri
The post Giant Straw Animals Invade Fields Of Japan After Rice Harvest And They’re Badass appeared first on .
Link : Giant Straw Animals Invade Fields Of Japan After Rice Harvest And They’re Badass